FOLLOW SAFE RIGGING AND LIFTING PRACTICES
Proper planning and execution of all lifts is critical when rigging and lifting any load with mechanical equipment regardless of size and complexity.
Examples of equipment include forklifts, mobile cranes, fixed cranes, hoists and other mechanical lifting devices.
WHEN RIGGING AND LIFTING A LOAD YOU MUST:
- Barricade or use other means of control to prevent unauthorized personnel from entering lift area.
- Control suspended loads (tag lines, poles, secondary lifting devices, etc.).
- Never reach, walk or work under a suspended load – Do not enter barricaded area unless authorized.
- Inspect lifting equipment to ensure it is rated for the lift and in proper working condition.
- Use only qualified personnel to signal, rig and operate lifting equipment.