10 Commandments of Eye Safety
REMEMBER – EYE PROTECTORS ARE REPLACABLE, YOUR EYES ARE NOT
- A tiny fragment in your eye can cause irreparable damage.
- Use a trained first aider for attention to eyes – not a dirty handkerchief.
- You have a legal obligation to wear or use the eye protection provided in accordance with regulations.
- Even if you are not carrying out one of the specified processes you may be at risk, so wear or use the eye protection provided.
- Do not watch welding processes unless your eyes are properly protected.
- Do not go into areas where eye protection is required unless you are wearing protective equipment.
- Take care of any protective equipment issued to you.
- Have any damaged, lost or unserviceable protective equipment replaced immediately.
- Make sure your eye protectors are comfortable to wear and keep them clean.
- The place for your eye protectors is over your eyes – not on your head or around your neck.