Go Where You Are Looking & Look Where You Are Going
Slips, trips, and falls are preventable!
About 25% of recordable injuries come from Slips, Trips, and Falls. These types of incidents are applicable to everyone in the industry, but are preventable if we pay attention, be proactive, and be careful.
Ways to Prevent Slips, Trips, and Falls:
- Maintain clean, tidy work areas free of clutter. Follow good housekeeping procedures and clean up while you work.
- Wear the right footwear for your work environment. Keep footwear clean and in good condition at all times.
- Walk carefully and slowly when transitioning from one type of walking surface to another. Take extra care when coming indoors with wet shoes.
- Be careful on stairs. Always use the handrail, do not rush/skip steps, and don’t carry anything that compromises your ability to hold the hand rail.
- Maintain three points of contact when climbing/descending ladders and entering equipment. Face the equipment when entering and exiting.
- If you see a potential hazard, act on it or report it immediately.