Must Follow Safety Steps
PLAN YOUR WORK!
- BEFORE we start, we need to make sure that we have all of the RIGHT tools and equipment for the job.
Stick to the Plan!
- If your work requires a permit – follow the permit!
- If your job requires a JHA – follow it!
- Perform a JSA at the start of your shift…revalidate the JSA after lunch.
USE THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB!
- All Tools and Equipment MUST be inspected before use!
- Broken Tools should be tagged and placed Out Of Service.
USE A SPOTTER!
- Not using a spotter is the same as distracted driving!
- Make sure we are doing our 360 degree walk around of the vehicle
ASK FOR HELP!
- Does this job require a JHA?
- Is the customer asking me to do something not in the scope?
- Do we need a preplan?
Use your PPE!
- Do our workers understand its limitations?
- Do they inspect it prior to using it?
- Does it meet or exceed the permit requirements?
- Do you feel confident that you can perform the work safely?
- Do you have all the Training you need?
- Do you feel confident in using the STOP WORK AUTHORITY?
Exercise your Stop Work Authority –
- Make sure that EVERYONE on the Job knows and understands this policy (including our subcontractors).