Safety Responsibility – It’s For Everyone
Who is the most important person responsible for your safety? Look in the mirror for the answer. By accepting and practicing safety responsibility, you insure your future both at home and on-the-job. You do the same for your fellow worker as well, because you are responsible for preventing accidents to others as well. Here are some Safety responsibility tips:
- If you see an unsafe act, do something about it – exercise your Stop Work Authority.
- Point out to other employees when safety isn’t being practiced. After all, it’s their responsibility to prevent an accident to you as well.
- Help new employees learn that safety is the rule, not the exception. Lead by example.
- Remember that accidents don’t happen – they are caused.
- Correct little mistakes before they grow into permanent bad habits.