Hazard Recognition – Part III
Identify Hazards! The following questions should be asked, to help predict what could go wrong and how risks might be controlled:
· Is the site and the job the same as depicted on the prints?
· Are the necessary materials available to perform the work?
· Does everyone have the proper tools to perform the tasks at hand?
· Are there enough workers to handle the job? Have they all had safety training?
· Are environmental conditions such as light, noise and weather a factor?
· Are there too many people in the area to work safely?
· Have other sub’s on the job been notified about hazardous tasks or materials?
Don’t wait for accidents to occur! Think and plan ahead!
Use your Human Performance tools, Anticipate, Identify, Evaluate and Control Hazards!