Life-Saving Commitment #7: No Alcohol or Drugs While Working Or Driving
Using alcohol or illegal drugs, or misusing legal drugs or other substances, will reduce your ability to do your job safely.
- Always inform the Supervisor or the person in charge if you are taking medicine that may have an effect on your performance.
- If in doubt, always check with your Supervisor or the person in charge who may seek medical advice.
- Not use, keep, sell or distribute illegal drugs.
- Intervene if you see a case of alcohol or drug abuse.
If you are the Supervisor or the person in charge of the work you should:
- Only assign work to people who are fit to work.
- Educate your workers that illegal drugs could constitute prescription drugs given to another person/employee.