So often in the stress of the situation we forget some of the basics. This can be such a stressful time and your desire to help in a hurry “fogs” your brain of the basics. That’s why it is so important to know some of the basics of emergency response.
Today we’ll review just some of the basics that each of us should know for our workplace. Let’s look at the following questions and see if we know what the answers are as it pertains to our workplace.
- What number do you call for emergency services?
- Where is the nearest fire extinguisher?
- Do you know where you are to meet if we have to evacuate?
- Where is the nearest first aid kit?
- Where is the nearest Safety Shower/Eye Wash Station?
These are just a few things that each of us should know while were at work.
Think about the answers to these questions before you start work and apply them everywhere you work.