Fatigue is the condition of being physically or mentally tired or exhausted. Extreme fatigue can lead to uncontrolled and involuntary shutdown of the brain.
Fortunately, there are ways to manage fatigue:
- Get eight hours of sleep before starting work
- Take all scheduled work breaks. A snack or exercise during the break will refresh you
- Eat a well-balanced diet beginning the “day” with high protein foods and ending with carbohydrates. Do not eat great quantities before bedtime; they may cause trouble sleeping
- Avoid caffeine, alcohol, and cigarettes. These substances cause sleep disturbances
- Walking, stretching, and aerobics can help a person stay awake. Exercise will give you stamina and help you to fall asleep later
- Work carefully and methodically, always following proper procedures