Slips, Trip & Falls – Pay Attention
Thousands of disabling injuries occur each year as a result of slips, trips and falls. From heights, on stairs and on level ground. At work and at home.
- Pay attention to your movements and surroundings
- Focus on where you’re going, what you’re doing and what lies ahead
- Expect the unexpected
- Take responsibility for fixing, removing or avoiding hazards in your path
- Wear sturdy shoes or boots
- Avoid baggy or loose pants you could trip over
- Walk, don’t run
- Wipe you’re feet when you come in from rain or snow
- Report or replace inadequate lighting.
Be constantly alert for and remove or go around obstructions in your path.