Line of Fire: Vehicles & Heavy Equipment
• Use parking brakes and wheel chocks for any vehicle or equipment parked on an incline.
• When working near moving, heavy equipment such as line trucks and cranes, remain in operator’s full view. Obtain operator’s attention prior to approaching equipment.
• Vacate the back of the bucket truck when the boom is being moved or cradled. Get the operator’s attention if you must get into the back of the truck so he or she can stop boom movement.
• Take precautions for all pedestrian and vehicle traffic when positioning vehicles and equipment at a job site.
• Stand aside when racking breakers into position in case of malfunction and breaker fragments.
• Stay clear of equipment when breakers are being closed remotely.