Fall Prevention: Ladders
- Use the correct ladder type for the job.
- Properly set the ladder at 1:4 base to height ratio with feet on bottom, extended arms should touch the rung.
- Set base; tie off the ladder; and extend the ladder 36” above deck or provide grab rails.
- Do not stand on the top step of a step ladder or fourth rung of an extension ladder.
- Use proper climbing procedures; always maintain 3 points of contact.
- Use equipment as it is intended and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.