‘Mindful’ Health & Safety Culture: Make Safety A Part of Your Routine
Safety as a Mindset
No matter where you work or what you do, you can develop a safety mindset. Make safety part of your work routine by being:
- Prepared. Be ready for anything. Know where emergency equipment is located and where to go in case of an emergency. Always wear required protective equipment and make sure that you have the right tools available to do the job.
- Disciplined. Follow the steps that are needed to get the job done safely. Don’t take shortcuts.
- Proactive. Check for hazards in your work area daily and report identified hazards immediately to your lead or manager.
- Alert. Don’t become distracted from the task at hand.
- Responsible. Go beyond the basics. Clean-up spills, remove trip hazards, report near misses, and don’t take chances.
Keep yourself and your co-workers safe!