Electrical Safety II
General Safe Electrical Work Practices:
- Do not operate electrical disconnect switches unless you have been trained, Qualified and authorized to do so.
- When servicing or operation of electrical equipment of devices is required, adequate illumination shall be provided to conduct the work safely
- Electrical workers must strictly adhere to the jewelry policy. No jewelry, belt buckles, and/or metal framed glasses are permitted to be worn while performing electrical work or work that presents electrical hazards
- Excellent housekeeping shall be maintained around electrical equipment and devices, especially before and during the performance of related work.
- Any work area where energized equipment or systems are present shall be barricaded, signed, and controlled so as to prevent contact with such equipment or systems by unqualified persons.
- No crane, aerial device or other equipment shall be allowed closer than 10 feet of exposed energized conductors.