Electrical Safety: Power Tools
How can we prevent electrocutions while using power tools?
What are the hazards? Bodily contact with electricity.
What are the results? Shock, fire, burns, falls or death.
What should we look for? Tools that aren’t double-insulated, damaged tools and cords, incorrect cords, wet conditions, tools used improperly.
How can we stay safe while using power tools?
- Get proper training on manufacturers’ tool use and specs
- Inspect tool before each use according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Do not use damaged tools, remove them from service
- Use only battery-powered tools in wet conditions.
Let’s talk about this site now.
- What can lead to an electrocution while using power tools? Non double-insulated tools, damaged cord, wet conditions
- Have you seen or used any defective power tools?
- What should you do if you find a defective power tool?