Ladder Safety VI
Some Tips for Ladder Safety
Even the manufacturers are concerned about ladder safety. Here are some ladder safety tips that they offer and we should use:
- Keep your body centered to weight is evenly distributed.
- If something is out of reach laterally, get down and move the ladder.
- If you forget something, climb back down to get it. Don’t reach down from halfway while someone tries to hand it to you.
- If it’s not a backpack or tool belt that is designed to be carried hands free, climb up first and haul it up with a line.
- Always face the ladder while you climb and stick with three points of contact.
- Consider the top two steps on a step ladder and the top four rungs on an extension ladder as decoration because they should not be used.