So often in the stress of the situation we forget some of the basics. This can be such a stressful time and your desire to help in a hurry mysteriously “fogs” your brain of the basics. That’s why it is so important to know some of the basics of emergency response.
Today we’ll review just some of the basics that each of us should know for our workplace. Let’s look at the following questions and see if we know what the answers are as it pertains to our workplace.
- From right here, where is the nearest phone to call emergency services?
- What number do you call for emergency services?
- From right here, where is the nearest fire extinguisher?
- Do you know where you are to meet if we have to evacuate?
- If very severe weather was to suddenly approach, what should you do?
- From right here, Where is the nearest first aid kit?
- From right here, Where is the nearest Safety Shower/Eye Wash Station?
These are just a few things that each of us should know while here at work.
Think about the answers to these questions and apply them to everywhere you work.