Here is a quick scaffolding housekeeping checklist:
- Has the scaffold been inspected?
- Have designated areas for waste materials been identified?
- Can waste containers be transported or emptied, safely and easily?
- Is the crew aware of proper lifting procedures of tools and materials?
- Are the work areas and equipment tidy?
- Are stairways, passageways, ladders, scaffold decking and gangways free of obstructions?
- Are loose or light materials secured for wind conditions?
- Have protruding nails been removed?
- Are hoses, power cords, welding leads, etc. bundled tight together and out of the way?
- Are Structural openings covered/protected adequately?
- Are areas below the scaffold properly barricaded?