Description of Position:
In this role as a Senior Estimator, your responsibilities will include analyzing and interpreting architectural plans, performing material take-offs, and obtaining quotes from suppliers. You will also be providing detailed proposals and accurate bid packages, that will involve negotiating and attending meetings with vendors, clients and architects along with value engineering projects to ensure they fall within time-frames and budget.
Our ideal Estimating candidate is an innovative but decisive individual who can work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-based environment; has the ability to set goals and expectations and hold others accountable; can encourage and mentor others; is approachable, empathetic and outgoing; can quickly gain trust and respect; and is able to establish and maintain relationships.
Construction Estimator – Duties:
- Responsible for Bid Preparation including attending pre-bid meetings
- Estimates cost for total job.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, and related documents.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Communicate inconsistencies in the bid documents to subs, owners and architects
- Ensure that an effective and efficient Request for Information (RFI) process is in place and all documentation is completed, filed and controlled in a timely manner
- Building relationships with clients, design team, subcontractors, and vendors
- Preparing estimates by calculating various statistical data such as quantity take-offs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work
- Defining and quantifying scope of work and preparing comprehensive conceptual, budgetary, and construction cost estimates for projects
- Reviewing / researching historical data and compiling summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates
- Maintaining involvement in uncovering sales opportunities with prospective and existing customers
Construction Estimator – Experience will have:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience estimating construction projects
- Previous Commercial estimating experience is a plus with key knowledge of metal framing, drywall, ceilings, millwork, doors, frames, hardware, concrete, site work, and rough carpentry
- Familiarity with conceptual estimating, writing detailed scopes of work and reading blue prints.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel for tracking construction costing. Experience with On-Screen Takeoff and Sage estimating software programs a plus. SmartBid, Timberline Estimating, Procore a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team to estimate projects of moderate complexity up to $25 Million
- Ability to evaluate, quantify and capture specification requirements within the estimate
- Prior experience working with terms & conditions in construction contracts
- Previous experience maintaining client relationships while performing light business development
JJ White Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability or protected veteran status.
Interested? Apply Now!
J.J. WHITE INCORPORATED is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Our Company will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment or retaliation) on account of a person's sex, pregnancy, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability or any other protected group or status.