Site Safety Professional Position – Roxana, IL
JJ White Inc., is seeking a detail oriented, self-motivated individual for our safety group. This individual must ensure that best practices are implemented, safety compliance requirements are met, and an improved safety culture and performance is delivered.
- Conduct daily stretch and flex safety stand down.
- Ensure permit and company policy requirements are met.
- Conduct weekly safety tool box meetings.
- Prepare a weekly safety report summarizing activities, training and near miss reporting.
- Conduct audits and incident/injury investigations.
- Provide training/orientation to new and existing employees.
- Manage company safety & health management system, procedures, policies and programs.
- Participate in all on site safety meetings.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and basic computer proficiency.
- Proven field safety experience
- OSHA 30 in construction is required.
- 4 years industrial (Petrochemical) experience is preferred.
- CPR, AED, First Aid is required.
- CSP, CHST, STSC, COSS or other professional designation is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Industrial Health is preferred.
J.J. WHITE INCORPORATED is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions, policies, and practices are in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local anti-discrimination laws. Our Company will not engage in or tolerate unlawful discrimination (including any form of unlawful harassment or retaliation) on account of a person's sex, pregnancy, age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability or any other protected group or status.