Cold Weather Safety
As the cold weather arises, be prepared for what’s on the horizon.
How can we prepare for cold weather?
Cold weather in our region is around the corner, and as the winter season approaches, there are many hazards that can expose us to potential slip, trips and fall injuries. In addition, there are hazards that can pose immediate problems to our health and body. With the many hazards that we are exposed to, inside and outside of work, we must take the time to properly protect ourselves from the hazards that are ahead.
Some tips for staying stay safe and getting prepared for the winter:
- Stock up on layers of clothing and beware of clothing hazards that can strangle or get caught up in equipment
- Check the weather conditions daily
- Stay warm
- Identify ice hazards both overhead and below.
- Stay hydrated
- Utilize sunscreen when needed; sunburns can still occur during the winter
- Get equipped with the proper snow tools and items needed for the winter
- Drive slow and with caution.
- When walking on an icy terrain, think of walking like a “penguin”.
- Call for medical help if someone is experiencing winter symptoms.
Winter months are heading towards the region, and everyone should begin thinking about all things that are needed to be prepared for the winter.