Basic Line of Fire Do’s and Don’ts
- Follow procedures.
- Use the right tools.
- Make sure they are in good condition.
- Think about body position.
- Is there something that can spray, leak or fall on me?
- Are my feet going to slip where I’m walking, standing or stepping up to or down from a work platform or vehicle?
- Can I see my hands or feet?
- Walk or position yourself under suspended loads.
- Rely on PPE only.
- Position your hands where you can’t see them.
- Put any part of your body in harm’s way.