YOUR SAFETY LEADERSHIP MAKES A DIFFERANCE
We have recently had a few motor vehicle related events across several jobsites. These events are telling us we need to take some time to discuss motor vehicle safety. Place take some time to share and discuss the following points.
When driving on roads through our jobsites, we follow all the Motor Vehicle Rules. These includes observing traffic control signs, maintaining vehicles in a safe condition, and following right-of-way rules – remember the train always wins!
In addition, there are other requirements that need to be considered. For example,
- Never park a vehicle so that it blocks fire equipment, a roadway or a walkway.
- Report all motor vehicle accidents to your Supervisor or Coordinator and Security immediately.
- Use a spotter when operating any motorized equipment with an obstructed view.
- Do not leave unattended vehicles idling. Turn the vehicle off as you exit the vehicle.
- Always respect flagmen and observe road closure signs and barricading.
Lastly, be attentive to several driving behaviors that require our continued attention…
- Seatbelt use – Always wear seatbelts when in a vehicle or when operating motorized equipment
- Cellphone use – Never initiate a call while driving
- Observing the speed limit
Always perform the 360 walk-around prior to entering the vehicle