What Is Good Housekeeping?
- Three foot wide access paths to work area
- Cut-offs and scrap material out of work area – toss into corner. Place scrap into dumpsters at breaks and at the end of days.
- Building material stored in a way that does not require climbing over piles of lumber or other material to gain access
- Keeping hoses/cords off of the middle of the stairway
- Keeping hoses/cords out of the work area and avoiding snarls
- Keeping hoses and cords from stairways, ramps and landings
- Keeping mud off of stairs, ramps and ladder rungs
- PULL nails from reusable lumber, do not bend them over
Housekeeping is not only a safety issue – it’s also a production issue!!!