Trips & Falls
Most injuries resulting from falls aren’t caused by falls from overhead, as you might think. They are from falls at ground or floor level where we walk and work.
- Housekeeping of a high standard is most important to maintain a safe work area.
- Don’t leave trip hazards in the work area.
- Keep containers on the job for studs and nuts.
- Equipment and spare parts should be kept neatly in one place.
- Remove rubbish and scrap constantly.
- Have all surplus materials removed on completion of work.
The work surface area
- Avoid walking or working on irregular rough ground surfaces.
- The area should be in a condition that you could get a good sure footing.
- Don’t short cut over rough areas.