Slips, Trips & Falls – Fall Protection
What you need to know:
- Guardrails, Personal Fall Arrest Systems or Safety Net Systems are required on work surfaces when employees are exposed to falls of over 6 feet
- Fall Protection must be provided for all workers when exposed to falls of over 6 feet
- Guardrails must be 42” in height, a mid-rail is required as well as toe-boards. When a guardrail system is utilized for Fall Protection it must, at a minimum, be comprised of a top rail, mid-rail, and toe-board
- Personal Fall Protection Systems must, at a minimum, consist of a Body Harness, Lanyard, and an Anchor Point that is capable of supporting at least 5,000 pounds per employee
- All employees must be provided with Fall Protection Training which includes the recognition of potential fall hazards at the workplace.
As per OSHA regulations, all workers must be properly trained on any Fall Protection System