Tips For Staying Cool in the Summer Heat
- Wear clothes made of light, breathable fabrics.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight.
- Limit your physical exertion.
- Stay in shaded areas when possible.
- Certain types of medication may increase the risk of heat-related illness.
- Wrap a wet towel around your head and neck for instant cooling relief.
- If you’re working outside during the summer, take a short 5-10 minute break every hour.
- Avoid drinking caffeine and/or sugary beverages.
- Wear light-colored clothing to reflect sunlight.
- When possible, work outside during the mornings when the sun hasn’t reached its peak yet.
Hopefully, this will give you a better understanding of the dangers of heat-related illness and how to prevent them.