Personal Protective Equipment
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is your last defense against injury. Exposure to elevated noise, potentially harmful gases and liquids, and objects ejected from work processes can be an everyday occurrence. Protecting your health and safety depends on your attitude and ensuring that you maintain your PPE properly. Follow these smart tips…
Eye and Face Protection:
- Wear safety glasses or face shields whenever work operations could cause foreign objects to enter the eye.
- Safety glasses should be worn under face shields.
- Sealed eyewear is required in any high dust environment
- Wear work shoes/boots that have slip-resistant and puncture-resistant soles.
- Wear safety-toed footwear to prevent crushed toes when working with heavy objects.
- Gloves should fit tightly.
- Wear the right glove for the job.
- Gloves to have a minimum cut level 4 Rating
- Wear hard hats when there is a potential for objects falling from above.
- Hard Hats are to be worn with brim facing forward
- Routinely inspect hard hats for dents, cracks, or deterioration, and replace them after a heavy blow or electrical shock.
- Use earplugs or earmuffs in high-noise areas.